Current available jobs that best match great lakes science center:
» Great Science Academy Facilitator - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
» Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
Communications: Education/Camp counselor
Great Science Academy Facilitator - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
The Great Science Academy Facilitator position will work closely with the Program Supervisor to implement and continue development of year-long programming for cohorts of approximately 30 sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students that combine hands-on activities, mentorships, field trips, and other activities during monthly sessions.
· Supervises assignments of GSA volunteers.
· Supervises scholar cohorts.
· Updates scholar website with media and directions.
· Quickly learns new technologies ranging from web based applications to data collection sensors, and incorporates them into lessons.
· Documents student and cohort progress in reports or graphs.
· Developing and implementing curriculum. Creates a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences
· Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in education, science, museum studies, or related field preferred.
Teaching and program development experience preferred; experience in working with underserved populations a plus.
Additional knowledge, skills, & abilities required for this position.
· Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
· Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
· Works independently with little direct supervision
· Works as part of a team
· Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated
· Demonstrates strong work ethic to achieve department goals
· Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
No phone calls
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Museum Network, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply.
Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any specific position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ