Current available jobs that best match great lakes science center:
» Membership Coordinator - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
» Sales and Special Event Manager - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
» Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
Sales & Marketing: Membership
Membership Coordinator - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
Lead, manage and coordinate the following: providing member customer service, developing strategies for sales and renewals, tracking membership sales by channel, collaborating on member communications, assisting with member and donor events and assisting with reporting needs through the Raisers Edge database. Will require some evening and weekend hours.
· Responsible for all gift entry in the Membership Department, with all gift entry completed within 24 hrs of receipt.
· Identify and maintain consistent membership data entry procedures for Raisers Edge database.
· Maintenance of a Membership procedural manual.
· Serve as a resource for Raiser’s Edge to other departments within Great Lakes Science Center.
· Provide statistical reports as requested.
· Work on-site to sell memberships in the Box Office and/or on the floor during high attendance days.
· Survey current and former members to ensure membership benefits are in line with expectations.
· Manage acknowledgment/fulfillment of membership packets with no longer than a 5-day turnaround time. This includes printing, compilation of materials and mailing.
· Plan and implement membership training for front-line staff including: sales strategies, customer service. Coordinate these efforts with Guest Experience team.
· Provide excellent customer service to new and existing members via phone, email, mail and personal contact.
· Managing and stewarding relationships with new and existing GLSC members.
· Collaborate with the Development Operations Manager on external communications to members regarding membership programs.
· Develop and implement strategies for new sales, renewals, member relations, promotions, communications, and member engagement. Track sales by channel to inform decision-making.
· Provide budget support with the annual expenses and revenue projections of the Membership Department.
· Manage the process of monthly membership renewal mailings, including managing inventory, list management through Raisers Edge database, and pulling reports to measure sales and renewal strategies, and analyzing results.
· Responsible for ensuring consistent messaging about membership to reservations and guest services teams.
· Working cross-departmentally to support membership needs, including ideas for member events and staffing support, as needed.
· Answer phone calls and reply to Membership-related emails; provide outstanding customer service
· Manage inventory of office supplies.
· Ensure accuracy in data entry; a strong attention to detail is necessary.
· Open mail and process checks and credit card payments daily. Make appropriate backup for Membership and Finance Departments.
· Work closely with the Guest Services team to ensure membership totals reported are accurate daily.
· Provide a high level of customer service to members and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
· Troubleshoot office equipment and take appropriate action to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
· Utilize sales skills via phone communication with members and prospective members; Utilize benefit structure to promote upgrades/purchases and the stewardship of Members.
· Processes necessary paperwork pertinent to all types of membership transactions, including the collection of payment and the issuance of temporary cards and other materials as appropriate, with an emphasis on accuracy.
· Process membership purchases through website and registration platforms.
· Maintain NCOA updates in the Raiser’s Edge database.
· Other duties as assigned by the Development Operations Manager.
· Coordinate the execution and staffing of Member and Donor events.
· Development of event plans and communications.
· Post-event tracking and evaluation.
· Attend weekly Operations meetings.
· Create event floor plans and itineraries.
· Attend all events.
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience with Raiser's Edge fundraising database is ideal, but the ability to adapt to new applications and databases is sufficient.
Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Experience with desktop publishing software.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Organizational and analytical skills.
Personable, articulate, and friendly.
Must be detail-oriented and possess initiative.
Marketing, development, and event planning experience a plus.
Minimum of two years experience in membership, fundraising, marketing, or sales preferred.
Sales & Marketing: Event Marketing
Sales and Special Event Manager - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
Great Lakes Science Center, the region’s premier informal learning center, with an operating budget of $8M, is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Sales and Special Events Manager. As part of the Marketing Department, this positions reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Sales.
The Manager is responsible for maximizing revenue through facility rental within the building and its property. This includes the development and execution of annual sales and marketing strategies, event logistics and budget development and management. In addition, the Manager will lead organization-wide, major annual special events. Position works closely with onsite caterer, Facilities, Exhibits, Development and Education departments.
Education/ Experience: The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university in marketing, sales, business administration, or related field and have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in sales, marketing, hospitality or special events. Proven track record in cultivating business opportunities that result in earned revenue.
Job Specific: Strong sales skills including the ability to generate new business, grow existing business, and manage operational details for multiple clients and events. Develop creative marketing resources that target multiple sales channels. Strong external and internal customer service including problem-solving, vision, management of deadlines and collaborative leadership style.
Other: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products. Excel is required. Familiarity with salesforce software preferred but not required. Position requires frequent evening and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and execute sales plan maximizing rental revenue.
· Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to increase rental revenue and client base.
· Develop, manage and deliver annual revenue and expense goals.
· Responsible for overall management of every event, including many evenings and weekends; acting as Manager on Duty for the building during “off-hours” events.
· Provide accurate budget forecasts, clear and concise reports and recommendations.
· Work closely with onsite caterer (Aramark), Facilities, Exhibitions, Education, Marketing and Development departments to ensure all event details are well-planned, communicated and executed.
· Lead major organization-wide events including signature annual fundraiser, Yuri’s Night.
· Create sales and marketing strategies, develop collateral using paid, owned and earned media channels.
· Participate in all organization cross-functional team meetings, including weekly Operations meeting.
· Act as Science Center Manager on Duty once a quarter.
If you are interested in applying for this position submit a resume and salary history online at www.greatscience.com
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Museum Network, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply.
Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any specific position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ