Current available jobs that best match great lakes science center:
» Facilities & Security Attendant - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
» Guest Experience Specialist - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
» Manager of Special Events - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
» Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
Facility & Event Management : Event Operations/Management
Facilities & Security Attendant - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
Performance of light general maintenance and repair within the Great Lakes Science Center and site as directed. Assist with the shipping and receiving area as required.
• High school diploma or general education degree.
Facility & Event Management : Cashier
Guest Experience Specialist - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
Facility & Event Management : Event Guest Relations
Manager of Special Events - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
Great Lakes Science Center, is seeking candidates for the position of Special Events Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Communications, the Manager is responsible for maximizing revenue from corporations and individuals through facility rental sales within the building and its property. The Manager is responsible for development and execution of sales and marketing strategy, as well as all event logistics and related organizational operations. In addition, Manager will lead organization-wide, major annual special events including the Science Centers signature event, Yuri’s Night Space Party. Position works closely with onsite caterer, facilities, exhibits, marketing, development and education departments.
Education/ Experience: The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university in marketing, sales, business administration, or related field and have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in sales, marketing or special events.
Job Specific: Strong sales skills, including prospecting and qualifying potential leads, and the ability to manage day-to-day sales and operational details for multiple clients and events is essential. Demonstrated success in developing and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders including colleagues. Strong business acumen, including problem solving, vision, management of deadlines, collaborative leadership style and decision making and ability to analyze diverse facts and develop clear and concise reports and recommendations.
Other: Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Excel, is necessary. Familiarity with salesforce software preferred but not required. Position requires frequent evening and weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement sales plan to maximize facility rental revenue for the organization.
· Manage events (many evening and weekend), acting as Manager on Duty for the building during events at off -hours.
· Proactively identify opportunities to increase facility rental revenue and client base.
· Deliver on-budget results, while providing accurate forecasts throughout the fiscal year.
· Work closely with onsite caterer (Aramark), facilities, exhibitions, education, marketing and development departments to ensure all event details are planned, communicated and executed.
· Lead major, organization-wide events as needed.
· Work with marketing department to create sales and marketing materials, including collateral, advertising, e-newsletters and direct mail.
· Participate in all organization cross-functional team meetings, including weekly Operations meeting.
· Take turns on a Manager on Duty rotation (typically quarterly) as needed.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Museum Network, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply.
Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any specific position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ