Facility & Event Management
Guest Experience Specialist - Great Lakes Science Center (Cleveland, OH)
Guest Experience Specialists provide excellent and high-quality guest experiences while working as a greeter, cashier, concierge, phone operator and usher. Guest Experience Specialists help guests in all aspects of their visit, from planning their day, to purchasing tickets, to promoting membership sales and encouraging return visits. The Guest Experience Specialist position is a part-time position, including weekends.
• Comply with all Great Lakes Science Center policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for colleagues and guests.
• Embrace and demonstrate the Great Lakes Science Center guest service philosophy by actively welcoming visitors and providing accurate information regarding Great Lakes Science Center facility, activities, events, and attractions.
• Cultivate additional revenue and repeat business through excellent guest relations and promoting membership and combination tickets
• Utilize the TM VISTA ticketing software at the Science Center and Steamship William G. Mather box offices to quickly and accurately sell admission tickets, memberships and special event tickets (when applicable) following Great Lakes Science Center cash handling procedures at all times.
• Work in the OMNIMAX Theater through ticket collection, facilitating seating of visitors and provide safety and customer service information. Guest Experience Specialists also operate the OMNIMAX console to assist the projectionist in successful production of OMNIMAX films.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Honest, reliable, customer focused and courteous individual with initiative who enjoys working in a fast-paced and fun environment.
• Candidate must be able to work closely and effectively with the general public, educational community and Science Center staff while being friendly and outgoing.
• Has the curiosity to learn about Science Center attractions and programs and is able to communicate that to guests in an engaging and inclusive way.
• Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Professional attitude and appearance are required.
• Experience in customer service, sales and previous cashier experience strongly preferred.
• Must be able to work in rain or shine, and be able to traverse open decks, navigating steep stairways and high door thresholds, as some shifts may occur aboard a historic steamship.
• Weekend and holiday hours are required. Evening hours available as needed.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Apply for Future Notification - Museums Job Board (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with the Museum Network, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply.
Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any specific position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.